- The cargo information pages (TIS), take account of the Risk factor Contamination with regard to its active and passive behavior.
- Ensuring constant cleanliness of containers, warehouses and cargo handling areas, checking goods for cleanliness, covering goods which are sensitive to contamination and avoiding storage of contaminating goods together with contamination-sensitive goods are all measures which require serious attention if damage is to be avoided during transport.
- Contamination is best eliminated with high pressure cleaners.
- The liner bags used for bulk cargo in standard containers (see Section 10.3.7) are used only once.
- Container cleaning, often combined with deodorization, is a fundamental requirement for the following load. An assessment of active and passive contamination behavior on the basis of the above-stated contamination levels is of assistance here.